All Categories Trivial Links
Written by Nathan Mattise
This isn’t the first time blogging has had an unintentional off spell here at In Pursuit of the Trivial. However, rather than spout off the reasons (cgh… travel, work… cgh) let’s simply share some of the other projects that have been happening since the last bit of posting.
(And, oh yeah, we’ll resume posting again soon [ish])
- In honor of the US Men’s Soccer Team, we had a World Cup inspired week of diner reviews over at Diners Without Frosted Tips. I also shared some tips on soccer pub etiquette in light of the new U.S. interest in the sport.
- Our recently mentioned side project, the Table Read blog, is consistently rolling now. It recently covered a multitude of World Cup previews and the first delivery of Wired.
- A video featured here focused on the infamous Garbage Plate Race recently earned a victory in a Travel Channel Twitter contest.
- The Man V. Food in Syracuse saga was covered thoroughly (yet unfortunately remotely).
- One last food related item, SyracuseDiners.com (a multimedia journalism project I helped conceive, create and launch with classmates) debuted to good techie reviews.
- Over at The NewsHouse you can see a 2010 mix from the Otto-Tune blog and a preview of how the fall is becoming an indie rock dream in CNY. I also covered two concerts recently – a Flaming Lips show and then Camp Bisco 9 (where NY Mag picked up my photos).
- Finally, Pop Candy hosted another round of guest bloggers while Whitney Matheson took a vacation. The guests included: an international recording artist, a NYT best selling author and… me? Read about the only potato rapper in ‘Cuse (and the world?).