All Categories Trivial Links
Written by Nathan Mattise
Look, just because I’ve neglected my 3-day-a-week posting schedule here at In Pursuit of the Trivial doesn’t mean I’m being lazy.
I’ve simply been busy (which in some contexts, is certainly a suitable pseudo-synonym for lazy).
Here’s a look at work being done this November as the return of “Five Signs” looms…
- Ira Glass came to Syracuse and made my journalistic career at the ripe age of 24. I interviewed Glass, had my interview picked up by two local and one national outlet and then made a low-grade video tribute to all of it (while managing to sneak in my L4D2 fanaticism).
- Anthony Bourdain came through CNY in that same week and I managed to ask him what his favorite breakfast is.
- My Top Five Pop-Culture Diners list made its way onto USA Today’s Pop Candy blog.
- Two more diner-related happenings, I finally had the opportunity to dine at the infamous “DINER” off I-81 North at the Onondaga Nation exit. Then, I got to sit down and chat with local Syracuse foodie “The Baking Chin“
- Finally, I’ve been promoting my hopeful picks to perform at SU next semester since our campus programming board is passing a survey around.
(Links today from The NewsHouse, InsideSU, Syracuse.com, USA Today’s Pop Candy, Diners Without Frosted Tips, Questions for Ira Glass, You Tube, Vimeo, The Baking Chin)