Arts & Literature Trivial Links
Written by Nathan Mattise
- A week or so back did anyone catch the guy over in Europe who was writing a sequel to The Catcher in the Rye? Colbert couldn’t do it, but that brought Salinger out of recluse (in order to file a lawsuit).
- Speaking of Europe, there’s a movement starting with magazines over there to stop Photoshopping their cover girls (but this web series could show you how to do it if they change their minds).
- In case you missed it on USA Today’s Pop Candy this week, yours truly was a featured reader. Not my most flattering of pictures but I am attached to it due to my love of hygiene. More importantly, Whitney Matheson kept in the part about my desire to one day write a book on Ra Ra Riot. READ THAT RA RA RIOT! (Thanks Whitney).
- And speaking of writing, SU’s own George Saunders is one of a few authors featured in this upcoming film on the benefits of bad writing.
- Finally, a bit of sad (and interesting) news. I have no idea how they determine this, but the world’s oldest blogger died last month at the age of 97 (though there is a 100+ year old rocking Twitter).
(Links today from USA Today’s Pop Candy, NY Daily News and ColbertNation.com)
Have a suggestion to include in next week’s Trivial Links? E-mail it.