Geography Trivial Links
Written by Nathan Mattise
- Did more people wear Orange yesterday or will they wear more on Friday? In honor of National Orange Day and SU’s first Sweet-16 run since 2003 (did everyone see the Devo article?), Syracuse N.Y. gets today’s Trivial Links.
- Our local representative, Congressman Dan Maffei, recently revealed his Trekkie status to one Stephen Colbert. No word on whether cocaine and prostitutes were discussed.
- In other political notes, the infamous Sarah Palin will be in the area this summer.
- But in more important news, the diner scene in Syracuse will never be the same if we sit quietly and watch Doc’s Little Gem close its doors.
- Finally, since it is practically SU Basketball Week here, two quick links for Friday’s game: Blake Griffin was once cut from a team by Jim Boeheim and Jonny Flynn is on the cover of the current issue of S.I.
(Links today from ESPN.com, Syracuse.com, and VideoSift.com)
Have a suggestion to include in next week’s Trivial Links? E-mail it.