Sports & Leisure Trivial Links
Written by Nathan Mattise
- You have less than a week to sign this Guinness-petition trying to make St. Patrick’s Day a national holiday. But like I said, just go celebrate it in Scranton. It’s “Scranton’s version of Mardi Gras.”
- I geeked out for The Watchmen this week (I have so many questions – deepest and most philosophically challenging action movie I’ve seen) so… don’t blame me for using this Web site.
- One more bit of comic-book info – if you can come up with a good caption for any of these drawings you’ll get published in a book.
- In case you missed it, this NYT piece on Shane Battier is getting discussed all over the place (most notably for me, two recent B.S. Reports with his team’s GM and ESPN.com’s John Hollinger).
- Finally, I’ve given into the trend (and if you want to eliminate a lot of your leisure time, you should too). I can be followed on Twitter.
(Links today from USA Today’s Pop Candy, NYT.com, ESPN.com, Guinness and StPatsParade.com.)
Have a suggestion to include in next week’s Trivial Links? E-mail it.