History Trivial Links
Compiled by Nathan Mattise
- I was tagged as “The Jock” in a recent Mr. Men Facebook meme. I hope this one reaches the same popularity as the “25 Things” meme…which had an NYT article written about it.
- One add-on to above: Maybe “25 Things” took off so well because we love lists (NPR’s list says so). 2008 was also the Year of Lists if you recall.
- NPR also enlightened everyone recently to what Lincoln may have had on his iPod.
- There is some interesting developments for the already rocky times in local journalism. Both NYT and ESPN are planning on releasing localized journalism entities (phew, not nationwide for now).
- Finally, well wishes to everyone at some of the recently closed down journalism entities where I knew folks: The Rocky Mountain News (where some of my Albuquerque Tribune coworkers went after that closed down) and WTVH 5 in Syracuse (Mike Tirico got his start there and mentioned it on his ESPN Radio show that day).
(Links today from Facebook, NYT.com, Wikipedia, NPR and Journerdism.)
Have a suggestion to include in next week’s Trivial Links? E-mail it.