Sports & Leisure Trivial Links
Compiled by Nathan Mattise
- The fanatasicism over ESPN’s Bill Simmons at In Pursuit of the Trivial is semi-well documented (he’s in our favorite links). This week, after a few weeks of hot ‘net rumors about his relationship with ESPN, Simmons hits the century mark with his podcast and welcomed in NBA Commish David Stern (then NBA analyst Marc Stein).
- In the first ever appearance of ping-pong on In Pursuit of the Trivial, the NYT reports that the sport is back and trendier than ever. In an unrelated but similarly ping-pongesque event, this Chinese “star” made headlines for wanting different p-p.
- In a sign of great restraint, it’s only been a week or so of X-Mas music at at Starbucks so far this year. (For additional indulgence in Christmas minus the caffeine, WOXY.com has a holiday-only station).
- I know how it feels to go to college and get a degree that doesn’t necessarily guarantee you a job in the field – that’s just one more reason I’m so into Man v. Food and its acting-major host Adam Richman. I couldn’t get Bourdain in Rochester but maybe he’ll be up for some garbage plates.
- Finally, interior designing has gone audible. I have a lot of music on my iPod and am available for just $10 per hour.
(Links today from ESPN.com, Chicago Sun-Times, NYT.com, Deadspin and Starbucks Gossip.)
Have a suggestion to include in next week’s Trivial Links? E-mail it.