History Trivial Links
Compiled by Nathan Mattise
- (In case you’ve missed it, presidential links became a five–part series). I always like utilizing political and journalism-related links in the History related posts so this was a no brainer. The latest ESPN Ombudsman column touches on how the world-wide leader shaped its election materials and lists every single political piece it ran since August. (Did you know Simmons was supposed to have Obama on and Palin was a former athlete?)
- In case you’re ever interested in the politics of illustrations, here are the best of “Obama Wins” editorial cartoons and how comic book characters would vote.
- Last Obamalink – I saw The Decemberists play this past week and they’re on a recent run of Obama-heavy shows (they performed a song called “Valerie Plame” and had a “Yes We Can / Yes We Did” call and response with the audience during some breakdowns).
- Just so you’re aware, TRL is officially going off the air with their finale this Sunday.
- Finally, if you ever want to know the history of your local culinary scene, Yelp.com is hoping to make the alt-weekly restaurant critic obsolete.
(Links today from USA Today’s Pop Candy, Brooklyn Vegan, Stereogum, ESPN.com, MTV.com and NYT Online)
Have a suggestion to include in next week’s Trivial Links? E-mail it.