Entertainment Trivial Links
Compiled by Nathan Mattise
- Truth be told, when I was in Detroit I only knew about Saginaw, Mi. because of Stephen Colbeagle The Eagle (yes, that is a minor league hockey mascot named for everyone’s favorite late night politicker). Now I can say the same thing about the Aptostichus spider because it’s a new species named after Stephen.
- This has been everywhere (including my AIM profile) but you have to love Feist, sponsored by the number four, on Sesame Street.
- When you’re unemployed, things like this start to look like awesome opportunities. Whitney Matheson reporting on life in the Weinermobile.
- A few pieces of random hipster news: 1) Oklahoma verifies that hipsters and mustaches work well together 2) Bands appear on late night shows before even having financial stability 3) One of the most famous, yet unknown record stores may close.
- Finally, because I am an SU alum, I’ll definitely be checking out “The Express” (yes, it was filmed on location during my spring senior semester).
(Links today from USAToday’s Pop Candy, Brooklyn Vegan, SU News and YouTube.)
Have a suggestion to include in next week’s Trivial Links? E-mail it.