Sports & Leisure Trivial Links
Compiled by Nathan Mattise
- ESPN.com is reporting that college basketball icon JJ Redick seems to have his game back in line at the NBA Summer League. This is great for two reasons in particular: fans will again start seeing 1) the shocker and 2) the greatest pregame package in ESPN history.
- I don’t think Fred Flintstone even did this. Apparenty there is a competitive league of wife carrying.
- In other bizarre competition/league news, Adam Morrison could have an entirely new post-NBA career. Enter the USA National Beard Team.
- I don’t know if the French have ever met Mr. Taft, but they should be happy with President Sarkozy. He’s an avid jogger but he’s taking some heat over it.
- Anytime Trivial Links is in the Sports & Leisure category, you can expect to see a cool t-shirt (mostly via tcritic.com). I didn’t find these there, but this week there are some sweet alternative Zeppelin shirts on zale.
- Finally, this could be of interest to any leisurely blogger out there. If you maintain your site and do a quality job with it, you can get a job someday.
(Links today found via: ESPN.com, YouTube, Deadspin.com, USA Today’s Pop Candy and OBSCURESTORE.com)
Have a suggestion to include in next week’s Trivial Links? E-mail it.